What is a Flat Roof?
A flat roof is a roof that is almost entirely level compared to sloped or pitched roofs. A flat roof is commonly used in arid climates. However, flat roofs have a slight slope, typically ¼ to ½ inch per foot. This is important so the roof still has the ability to drain water. Modern flat roofs contain high-performance membranes that are durable when it comes to harsh weather conditions.
Benefits of a Flat Roof
There are a wide variety of benefits of the flat roof style. Some of these benefits include:
- Affordability: Commercial flat roofs are easier and safer to install compared to any kind of sloped roof. These types of roofs also cost less to maintain.
- Energy Efficiency: Flat roofs have less space for air to stagnate. They can also be used to install energy efficient technology such as solar panels. The total energy consumption of a building can be significantly reduced with flat roof systems.
- Easy Inspection: Flat roofs provide an easier and more time efficient inspection process for roofers. This is a benefit for commercial businesses, as they need to be inspected often.
- Solar Installation: Any kind of flat roof systems are ideal for placing solar panels because they receive a maximum amount of sunshine throughout the day.
- Simple Maintenance: One advantage of flat roofs is that they allow for easier maintenance, improving roofer access to check for issues.
- Economical: Flat roofing systems are economical, especially when compared to a pitched roof, and can help you save money upfront.
Types of Flat Roofs
If you are looking for types of flat roofs for your commercial flat roof in Phoenix, AZ, we have you covered.